Made from a Sainsbury's carrier bag

Pages

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Free Fruit

 I made some cherry brandy last night after picking 2.80kg of cherries.  Well even after eating our fill of cherries I still have tons left so I have decided that I shall make a Rumtopf for Christmas  ........... google it like I did........ I have a few strawberries and  some raspberries that can go in too so it should be utterly delicious by Christmas and just think of all that rum soaked fruit mush that I will be able to use like a sauce over ice cream.If you have been for a walk lately you may have spotted that it is going to be a cracking year for blackberries...... hmmmmm  now I am wondering whether to pick more cherries and try making cherry wine.  I have nothing to lose as the cherries are free for the picking.  Then I will need to make some blackberry wine and probably some plum wine using fruit picked locally from hedgerows.



No comments:

Post a Comment