Made from a Sainsbury's carrier bag

Pages

Monday, 11 February 2013

Licorice Allsorts quilt

Yesterday I was supposed to be de stashing my craft room.  Work soon stopped when I happened upon a drawer of fabric scraps.  I backed the quilt in a gorgeous piece of floral fleece and it is sitting folded neatly on the arm of my sofa waiting for a new home in Melody's pram.  It got me thinking though (ouch it hurt too) :-)  I have a few little fleece blankets that I have bought over the years and they are now obsolete as we bought bigger and softer ones to snuggle under.  I now intend to use one of the old fleece blankets to back the next quilt that I make with. I am currently cutting old jeans into fabric squares and plan to make a fairly thick quilt for the car.  It will probably get a fleece backing now that I have seen how easy it was to use.





No comments:

Post a Comment