Made from a Sainsbury's carrier bag

Pages

Thursday, 28 February 2013

Easter baskets

Easter will be upon us fairly soon and it got me to thinking about how to display the eggs that I have been covering with paper pulp soooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! I made this newspaper basket to put them in.  I wanted to make one with a handle and to be honest this one is very verrrrrry rustic.  The next one will be much better but heck, tis only a couple of bits of cardboard and an old newspaper so it cost nothing to experiment with.  I wanted you to see it before I coat it with acrylic paint in order that you might see what a lick of paint can disguise.   This one is about 10'' across as that is the size of the cardboard disk that my pizza was sitting on.  It is a nice project for older children and they could actually make a small one each Don't expect to finish it in one session though as it does take a while for the glue to dry before you can paint it.  I give my baskets an all over coat of thinned down PVA glue.  It adds strength to the structure and gives you a good base for your paint


edited to show the end result.  It is rustic but surprisingly sturdy


No comments:

Post a Comment